Monday, March 02, 2009

Wintery Weather 2009

The weatherman FINALLY got it right: and ATL got our first snowfall of 2009 on Sunday!!! It started out raining on Friday, rained ALL day Saturday and when I woke up on Sunday, big surprise it was raining. This was the third time this winter the weatherman was predicting snow, needless to say, I was skeptical (it hadn't snowed yet!). My thermometer in my truck said 44 degrees when I was on my way to church. I thought for sure it would not drop enough to freeze the rain. When I got out of church on Sunday it was still raining but the thermometer was down to 37, it might happen afterall...When I got home the roomie & I headed to Publix to grab our weekly groceries (bad time to grocery shop - it was like the day before a hurricane in Tampa, EVERYONE was there to get eggs, bread and milk - it was quite amusing!!!). Before we even left the house for Publix the rain had begun to turn to snow, it was big, wet globs - but it was FROZEN!!! By the time we got back from the store the snow was really coming down. It was SO beautiful; blanketing everything in white! It wasn't quite sticking to the ground enough to do anything, but it was still awesome to look at. The roomie & I went outside and took some pictures.



Rebel wasn't too sure about the snowflakes falling on his head, lol!!

Overall we had about an inch that stuck to the ground. The snow stopped around 3:30pm and was almost all melted a couple hours later. Some areas in the metro area got a total of 4-5 inches. The snow fall was awesome & we had fun walking around outside and playing in what little we had ;0)

I can totally live with one or two snow falls a year! Not sure about all winter, but the change in weather is definitely nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment