I have officially run the longest distance of my life, without stopping (unless you count going to the bathroom, ha?)!! Saturday's are our long run days and todays distance was 7 miles. HOLY COW!!! I had never run that far (at one time) in my life! Thanks to my past week of training runs (with the 'Coach') I was well prepared! The run was awesome. When I hit around mile 4 I felt like I could keep running forever, it's a great feeling! I feel like there should be a name for this, kind of the opposite of the runner's wall, like runner's peak or something, lol!!!
I don't have my mile time breakdowns, but my total time was 71:31. I was averaging around 10:20 per mile. The last 1.5 miles was really fast, I think because I knew I was getting close to the end, so my mind overtook my body and drove me to finish faster. That is a kind of cool feeling too!
An even better feeling is my time was 4 minutes faster than my first 10K I ever ran (2008 Peachtree Road Race) AND I ran 0.8 miles farther! I have come so unbelievably far in my running, it amazes me daily!
Overall I had a great long run to end an awesome training week. These weeks keep getting better & better.
OFFICIALLY 2 MONTHS (8 WEEKS) FROM TOMORROW I WILL BE RUNNING THE ING HALF MARATHON - LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!
teetering
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment