Thursday, December 04, 2008

I Love Flying

To me flying represents a journey, new places and freedom. Okay maybe the latter is only for the birds. However, today was one of those, "I don't love flying so much" days! Kind of like when I flew 6 different times in 4 days, I didn't EVER want to see a plane again after those flights! Todays flight was only a 2 hour flight from Philly to Atl, but it was just one of those flights. We taxied from the gate and were immediately parked on the tarmac for 20 mins due to bad weather in Atlanta - AWESOME, 20 extra minutes on a stuffy plane (in the middle seat no less). Whatever - there is nothing I can do about air traffic control or the weather for that matter, so I'll just read my magazine and listen to my iPod. We take off after our 20 minute delay (the delay was actually 20 minutes - imagine THAT!!!) as soon as we level off the guy in front of me decides he wants to sleep, his seat comes back and is suddenly much closer than before, grrr! I forgot seat backs go back that far and airplanes already don't have much room! Okay so again, nothing I can do but adjust, no sense in interupting peoples sleep. Except for this guys sleep consisted of him pushing back on the seat every 10 minutes, a little annoying but not too bad, except for when I am leaning forward, reading my magazine on my tray table: back of his chair & front of my face - another AWESOME!!! I finally gave up reading and went to sleep (chair back up of course, so as to be courteous to my behind me neighbor). I woke up to a not-so-fun descent through dark clouds and rain. We landed to soggy conditions at 5:30pm - GREAT, what would have been a 45 minute commute just got extended (or so I thought).

From de-planing the trip got better, maybe because I was finally on the ground at home, who knows! We made it to baggage claim and our bags were already circulating on the belt - YAY for Delta's baggage crew! We got the car out of parking and our commute was pretty quick, little to know stopping and little traffic! Wohoo!!!

So, a not so good flight ended on a good note. I made it home successfully from my first ever business trip (I will blog about that later!) AND I get to get up and go work out in the morning. I sure have missed boot camp! Life is good, tomorrow is FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment